The first three models that I’ve finished in a long time. Soon they’ll go in the back of a miniature cabinet never to be seen again for a few years as they don’t figure into any current army lists. Maybe I’ll work them into whatever army I take to Trumpeter Salute, assuming I make it. I really need a job.
These three models are pretty spiffy for filler. They are kitbashed or converted from a number of different sources, loyalists, Imperial Guard, OOP Chaos, Forgeworld etc. etc. They are painted purple, relying heavily on the Foundry Royal Purple triad. I also used Vallejo and maybe even Reaper Master Series paint in addition to various new and old GW/Citadel pots. I even used a bit of Winsor & Newton Ink.
I added to my repertoire by painting the glow around the coils of the plasma gun. I used a larger than usual dry brush and roughly followed the technique of Ron over on FTW, though I use my own recipe for the coils. I never usually paint the glow as it can get a bit messy, it also can cover up carefully painted details. It’s a trick best left for the really good painters or those who want a ‘trick’. It looks best at arms length not under extremely close view.
I used my own rust techniques along with a fair amount of custom washes on these models. Most everything has been detailed in previous posts. I just had to finish up the bases and a few details last night, then today I just did some final touches before photography and ultimately sealing.
These models will get the Lonewolf Gore technique too before finally resting on the shelf.
Next up is some more models that I assembled and even bought without really needing, just because other people were doing it and I have to preserve my reputation as the Nurgle guy. If you guessed Forgeworld Deathguard Terminators you’d be correct. I built these when I should have been studying for a CFA exam I believe. After that I will assemble some more models, at first I was going to just do four metal OOP Bezerkers but now I think I’ll do some plastic models to complete two squads for my proposed 2011 Astronomi-con Vancouver army.
Damn it! While putting on the last of the rust I dropped the lascanon guy. He had tipped over numerous times, but the drop broke him. He has metal arms but a plastic and resin body so the lascanon is really heavy. My super glue had dried out but I’d recently bought some Zap-a-Gap but that didn’t take for some reason, I even busted his other arm. Now I gotta run so this post may wait until later this evening or tomorrow. I think I finally got him back together but that was the best one and now it picked up some chips and scrapes I gotta touch up.
Unfortunately in addition to being late, this will be the last update for a while. We’ve suffered a death in the family so I’m at my mother’s pitching in. I’ll be back in Vancouver next week and hopefully will pick up where I left off on the hobby front.